- Before I go anywhere I always check first with my parents or the person in charge. I will tell them where I am going, how I will get there, who will be going with me and when I will be back.
- I check first for permission from my parents before getting into a car or leaving with anyone; even someone I know. I check first before changing plans or accepting money, gifts, rides or drugs without permission.
- It is safer for me to be with other people when going places or playing outside. I always use the buddy system.
- I say NO if someone tries to touch me in ways that make me feel frightened, uncomfortable or confused. Then I go and tell a grownup that I trust what happened.
- I know it is not my fault if some touches me in a way that is not OK. I don’t have to keep secret about those touches.
- I trust my feelings and talk to grownups about problems that are too big for me to handle on my own. A lot of people care about me and will listen and believe me, I am not alone.
- It is never too late to ask for help. I can keep asking until I get the help I need.
- I am a special person and I deserve to feel safe.
My rules are:
- I check first
- I use the buddy system
- I say NO then go and tell
- I listen to my feelings
- I talk with grown-ups I trust about my problems and concerns
- I am not alone
- I ask for help
- I deserve to feel safe
My Name ________________________ Date ______________________