- I will not give out personal information such as my address, telephone number, parent’s work address/number or the location of my school without my parents’ permission.
- I will tell my parents right away if I come across any information that makes me feel uncomfortable.
- I will never agree to get together with someone I meet online without first checking with my parents. If my parents agree to the meeting, I will be sure that it is in a public place and I bring my parent/s along.
- I will never send a person my picture or anything else without first checking with my parents.
- I will not respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make me feel uncomfortable. It is not my fault if I get a message like that. If I do I will tell my parents right away so that they can contact the online service.
- I will talk to my parents right away so that they can set up rules for going online. We will decide upon the time of day that I will be allowed online, the length of time and the appropriate sites that I can visit. I will not go to other sites or break these rules without their permission.
Child’s Signature __________________ Date _______________________
Note to Parents:
Copy and post the above agreement beside all your home computers.