It seems everyday, another report comes in about child abuse, neglect, abandonment, and parents just not using common sense.
I’d like to use this column to remind parents and children, that it truly is a wonderful world out there, and we should be free to explore it and cherish all the magnificence it presents, with out worry or fear. Un-fortunately, the newspapers, TV and internet tell us otherwise.
- A young man was beaten so severely, five feet out side his school property, he needed three metal plates just to keep his skull in place.
- In Edmonton, a known sexual predator took a seven year old girl, off a playground in front of her house by luring her with kittens. This feels like a replay of what happened this spring in Quebec.
- A known pornographer was arrested in Victoria, with over 160,000 disgusting, break your heart images, he was sharing with over 300 people around the world.
TALK TO YOUR CHILDREN!
CHILDREN SHOULD NOT LIVE IN FEAR; THEY SHOULD BE ARMED TO THE TEETH WITH KNOWLEDGE!
- Tell them if they see someone being bullied, report it!
- Teach them to never, ever , go near a strange car, no matter what the person inside the car promises.
- Talk to them constantly about staying safe. THERE ARE PREDATORS OUT THERE! But we can beat them if we talk to our kids constantly about staying safe.
- Last but not least, keep an eye out for adults leaving small kids in the car, while running into the store. I saw it twice this week. Un-fortunately , I wasn’t close enough to get their plate numbers. If you ever see this happen, call 911. You will be a hero to the RCMP and the kids.