I have had over a dozen emails over the last month, asking me if I had any special tips for parents taking young children on flights. I called Delta and West Jet, and they were kind enough to supply the following information. They both gave great customer service to us, lots of important information which I will now share with you. Happy Flights!
How to prepare for air travel with a small child.
- Book a appointment with your child’s Doctor, and ask
- is your child well enough to travel
- do you need a signed medical letter to confirm this
- does your child need any prescriptions or vaccines for where your going
Contact Your Airline
- let them know if your child needs a special menu, or specialized equipment , like oxygen or a wheelchair
- let them know about any health concerns, if your child is anaphylactic or has other serious medical problems
- ask if you need a medical letter for medication or equipment, syringes etc
- ask for seats in advance, bulkhead seats, or if the flight isn’t full, ask for adjacent seats to be kept free so your child has more space